Author Topic: sound... wahts realy sound 2 U?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline DTF Seti_Sniper

• *|DTF|* Co-Founder
  • *|DTF|* member
  • Super spammer member
  • *|DTF|* WebAdmin
    • www.DanishTaskForce.dk
sound... wahts realy sound 2 U?
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:32:06 PM »
Been listing to a lot music lately... for different reasons  :-X
but what came to my knowledge was the sound quality between bands and times  ???

have you ever listen to a piece of music and having the sound quality in mind ??  no, most nowadays listen to whats in.... and thats it !!  :'(
I took the liberty to TOP listen to some music with the sound quality in mind, and i found a few albums popping up !!

3 pointers in sound for me are:
Dire Straits -  Brothers in Arms (remastered CD version)
Paula Abdul - Spellbound (only got the LP version, dont know if its ever publish on a CD)
Simpel Minds - Real Life (LP version... no doubt best published sound ever)

Special about the last two are that they are recoded in QSound which never got the public reputation... only by the High Fidelity freaks  :-X
Strange or maybe not.... why do i find old music in top sound Q!  to be honest i dont find any newer bands put the effort in making perfect sound like they did earlier.... might have to do with that in that time and the "only" thing they could difference from was making some music in better sound, or else they drown in al the other "POP"sounds..... theory.... mind.... old fashion.... or just old stuperd mindset  :o

Drop a suggestion.... but its "Sound Quality"  thats in high state... nots what is Popular, find you inner "High Fidelity" freak...... if you have one !!  :o

I could, and you could hopefully point out a few more...... but its the sound, not the top 10 position that counts !
 Give your best shout on Sound Q

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:41:50 PM by DTF Seti_Sniper »
*|DTF|* Seti_Sniper
!! The more U know, The more U doubt !!

Offline multikillz

• Hangarounds.
  • *|DTF|* Hangaround
Re: sound... wahts realy sound 2 U?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »
I can definitely agree that most musicians these days neglect the sound quality and attention to detail. It feels like the mindset is as long as it has "wub wub" or x other generic pop criteria, everything is fine and dandy.

Dire straits makes really good music, and the quality is very obviously better than the majority of most other released music.

Without knowing anything technical, I've always thought that these bands have always had a vibe to it that did "more" than others:
Dire straits (as previously mentioned)
Toto
Justin Timberlake (a few selected tracks are really damn good for modern standards, and i'm not a JT fan as such)

It's no secret that I'm a sucker for progressive trance/house that had it's peak around the late 00's. Some tracks carry them selves with sound, some is complemented by Lyrics. To mention a few of my current favorites:
You Walk Away - tyDi feat. Audrey Gallagher
John O`Callaghan ft. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Yes, Audrey Gallagher has an awesome vocal)
Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (Sweeping Strings remix)

While they all have elements of "wub wub" I still find the tracks very immersive, which is also one of the perks of having headset with great audio  :P (it may only work in headset, not sure really) I enjoy them in a much different way that i would enjoy Katy Perry, Metalica, Frank Sinatra and much other music.

Most music has their own qualities, but very few is what i would define as art. To me, there is lyrical art and "sound" art, and the previously mentioned tracks definitely has some art components i appreciate the same way as i appreciate Dire Straits for an example.

That was my 2 cents of contribution.